(Canton, OH) November 1, 2018 United Way of Greater Stark County is collecting new blankets from November 1 – 16 to blanket our community in the upcoming winter months.
Many shelters do not have enough blankets in stock to assist the current need, let alone the needs in the upcoming winter months. This drive will help re-stock their shelves so people in need will not suffer from the cold. The final destinations of the blankets will include, but are not limited to, homeless shelters, housing and supportive services in the Homeless Continuum of Care of Stark County and local drop-in centers.
If you or your workplace would like to contribute to the drive, you can collect blankets and drop them off at the following locations:
- Massillon Family YMCA, 131 Tremont Avenue SE, Massillon 44646, 330-837-5116
- Towpath Trail YMCA, 1226 Market Street NE, Navarre, 44662, 330-879-0800
- Minerva Area YMCA, 687 Lynnwood Drive, Minerva, 44657, 330-868-5988
- North Canton YMCA, 315 North Main Street NW, North Canton, 44720, 330-305-5437
- Meyers Lake YMCA, 1333 North Park Avenue NW, Canton, 44708, 330-454-9018
- Eric Snow Family YMCA, 420 3rd Street NW, Canton, 44702, 330-458-2403
- Paul & Carol David YMCA, 7389 Caritas Circle NW, Massillon, 44646, 330-830-6275
- Louisville Area YMCA, 1421 South Nickelplate, Louisville, 44641, 330-875-1611
- Lake Community YMCA, 428 King Church Avenue SW, Uniontown, 44685, 330-877-8933
- Alliance YMCA, 205 S. Union Avenue, Alliance, 44601, 330-823-1930
- The Karcher Group, 5590 Lauby Road #8, North Canton, 44720, 330-493-6141
“We are communicating awareness of this drive through our social media platforms and counting on our community partners to call attention to the need for blankets this winter, “says, Maria Heege, CEO and President of United Way of Greater Stark County. “Organizations and individuals can participate by helping us collect blankets and dropping them off at any YMCA location or at The Karcher Group. Anyone that wants to help can be a big part in making someone’s life better this winter.”
United Way of Great Stark County’s annual campaign runs through December 6. To contribute, text UWSTARK to 41444 or visit www.uwstark.org/get-involved/give.
About United Way of Greater Stark County
United Way of Greater Stark County fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community. We win by living United. By forging unlikely partnerships. By finding new solutions to old problems. By mobilizing the best resources. And by inspiring individuals to join the fight against their community’s most daunting social crisis. Our mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities in Greater Stark County. In order to live better, we must live United. For more information about United Way of Greater Stark County visit www.uwstark.org. Offices are at 401 Market Avenue North, Suite 300, Canton, Ohio 44702. (330) 491-0445.