Designations to a UWGSC Impact Area, specific UWGSC Funded Partner or Strategic Initiative will not be subject to a fee. A 15% processing fee, up to a maximum of $500 per donor per year, will be assessed from designations to non-UWGSC health or human services providers and other United Ways.
For designations to a non-UWGSC health or human services provider, please note:
- United Way of Greater Stark County does not certify the financial or program viability of agencies not reviewed by our citizen review volunteers
- Number of designations is not limited.
- Non-UWGSC health or human services providers are required to have 501(c)(3) status and be in compliance with the Patriot Act Agreement.
- Designations exclude civic (i.e. Rotary, Lions Club), religious (i.e. synagogue, church), educational (i.e. school, university) or arts (i.e. symphony, art museum)
- Religious designations will be accepted if the designation is to a direct health or human services program within the organization, i.e., soup kitchen.
- Unrestricted designations to a general fund are not permitted.
Any designations to UWGSC’s Funded Partners are treated as the first dollars in toward their allocated amount from UWGSC; meaning total donor designations that exceed the allocated amount to a UWGSC Funded Partner will be given in addition to that UWGSC Funded Partner’s allocation and will be paid on a quarterly basis, as such donations are received. Designations to non-UWGSC health or human services providers will be paid on a quarterly basis, as such donations are received.