100 years of history
Through the merging of United Way Alliance, Central Stark County and Western Stark, United Way of Greater Stark County has been a part of this community for a century.
We couldn’t have made it this far without the support of our amazing and generous donors, volunteers, workplaces and community partners.
Please note: this page will be updated throughout 2021 and 2022 with information and events as they become available.
Past 100 Years
Since 1922, United Way has been an integral part of the community, bringing people together to create stronger neighborhoods.
We have continued to work hard over the years to make our community a better place through health education and financial stability programs and advocating for compelling policy change.
Over the years, United Way has remained steadfast in the spirit of innovation and transformed into a social impact organization that takes on the big, complex, and daunting challenges our community faces daily.
Learn more about us and see the evolution of our logo over the past century at https://www.uwstark.org/about/history/
Thank you for your ideas for our centennial logo!
Our logo encompasses United Way of Greater Stark County’s journey over the past 100 years through volunteerism, advocacy and community giving.
We look forward to celebrating with our community in 2022.
- Child must be a resident of Stark or Carroll Counties in Ohio.
- Open to children in grades Kindergarten through 6 at time of art submission.
- Submissions will be accepted from September 20, 2021 through October 29, 2021.
- The information on the form below must be completed and accompany the artwork.
- Artwork must be submitted on the template on the reverse side of this document.
- Artwork must be original, created by the child. No photographs, clipart, digital art, tracings, stencils etc. will be accepted.
- We cannot accept art depicting trademarked or copyrighted characters, graphics or images.
- Consent from parent or legal guardian must accompany the artwork.
- Artwork may not contain content that is inappropriate or objectionable as determined by United Way of Greater Stark County.
- By submitting artwork, the participant grants permission for the artwork to be posted online and otherwise used for commerical and non-commercial purposes by United Way of Greater Stark County.