100 years of history
Through the merging of United Way Alliance, Central Stark County and Western Stark, United Way of Greater Stark County has been a part of this community for a century.
We couldn’t have made it this far without the support of our amazing and generous donors, volunteers, workplaces and community partners.
Please note: this page will be updated throughout 2021 and 2022 with information and events as they become available.
Past 100 Years
Since 1922, United Way has been an integral part of the community, bringing people together to create stronger neighborhoods.
We have continued to work hard over the years to make our community a better place through health education and financial stability programs and advocating for compelling policy change.
Over the years, United Way has remained steadfast in the spirit of innovation and transformed into a social impact organization that takes on the big, complex, and daunting challenges our community faces daily.
Learn more about us and see the evolution of our logo over the past century at https://www.uwstark.org/about/history/
Thank you for your ideas for our centennial logo!
Our logo encompasses United Way of Greater Stark County’s journey over the past 100 years through volunteerism, advocacy and community giving.
We look forward to celebrating with our community in 2022.
- The sculpture material must be substantive enough to withstand Ohio weather, safe for children to interact with, resistant to vandalism and able to be moved or relocated.
- The sculpture must:
- Maximum size: 12 ft wide, 12 ft deep and 7 ft high
- Incorporate the collaborative spirit of community giving associated with United Way and local communities over the last 100 years. The contribution of community leaders, businesses, and volunteers driving United Way’s efforts to promote health, education, and financial stability in our area should be the primary focus of the piece.
- Link the design to the 100 year history of United Way, available here .
- Incorporate theme of United Way of Greater Stark County 100th year logo and United Way of Greater Stark County logo.
- A commemorative plaque will be added to the piece to recognize any sponsorships and the artist’s name and short bio. This plaque will also include United Way of Greater Stark County 100th year logo and United Way of Greater Stark County logo.
Interested artists to submit information
Interested artists need to submit the following by July 30, 2021: online at uwstark.org/100 or mailed to United Way of Greater Stark County, 401 Market Avenue North, Suite 300, Canton, Oh 44702
- Artist biography
- Three images of previous relevant work