Campaign Pledge Cards
People give to United Way of Greater Stark County for many reasons, but the number one reason people do not give is because they weren’t asked. Below you will find downloadable pledge cards and additional tips to encourage workplace contributions.
Tips for “Making the Ask”
Sincerely communicating your commitment to supporting the community through United Way of Greater Stark County really does make a difference. We encourage asking employees one-on-one or in a group setting to make a pledge. Follow these guidelines:
- Be familiar with stories and facts about how United Way helps. Personalize your employees’ pledge cards with suggested amounts or last year’s gift amount.
- Ask for a specific increase or first-time gift.
- Determine who will make the ask. Many companies choose their CEO to make an ask during the rally. He or she can discuss why your company chooses to support United Way, your company goal, and the impact United Way has on our region.
- Invite a speaker from a local agency.
- Hand out personalized pledge cards at the rally and hold an incentive drawing for those who turn them in.
- Make the ask. Close the rally with one task: make a gift.
- Handle concerns by answering questions honestly – never guess. If you don’t know the answer to a question, follow up with your United Way representative. Recognize that some donors have real concerns; people have a right to feel good about their gift.
- Say thank you regardless of what the donor decides.