When you donate to United Way of Greater Stark County, you’re making an investment in our community. Your donation supports our direct services, collaborations and partner programs to address the immediate needs of today and build long-term solutions for tomorrow.
Our Funding Process
At United Way of Greater Stark County, our goal is to ensure that every dollar donated is invested wisely. We rely on a volunteer review process to help us determine which local agencies receive funding. Our councils and committees consist of nearly 50 community leaders who offer diverse backgrounds, experience and expertise. These volunteers evaluate data about our region, identify the pressing needs in our community and offer recommendations on the best way to allocate funding.
Our next funding cycle starts October 8, 2021. Learn more HERE.
Community Partner Resources
As trusted stewards of your contributions, we hold ourselves and our partners accountable to show impact in measurable and lasting ways. We make your dollars go further by combining technical and logistical support with strategic investments in the areas of health, education and financial stability.
United, we’re making a difference in the lives of children and families in Stark and Carroll Counties.
Community Investment List: direct services, community collaborations and partner programs
Our Direct Services
- 211 Helpline
- Bridges Out of Poverty
- Cars to Careers
- Financial Services
- Auto Repair
- Financial Coaching & Counseling
- Financial & Soft Skills
- Resource Connecting
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Get Connected
- Homeless Recovery & ID Programs
- Project Blueprint
Our Community Collaborations
- CARE Team
- Dismantling Racism Coalition of Stark County
- Imagination Library
Our Partner Programs
Funded from July 2021 - June 2022. Listed by funding strategy, program and agency.
- Backpack for Kids, Stark County Hunger Task Force
- Canton-Stark County THRIVE Pathways Community HUB, Canton City Health Department
- Child Health Clinic, Margaret B. Shipley Child Health Clinic
- Crisis Services, Coleman Professional Services
- Family H.E.A.L.T.H., Alliance for Children & Families
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Clinic, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health
- Healthy Habits for a Lifetime, JRC
- Integrated Behavioral Health Services, CommQuest Services, Inc.
- Prevention Services, CommQuest Services, Inc.
- Adult Day Center, JRC
- Alliance Rape Crisis Program, CommQuest Services, Inc.
- CHW Expansion: Accessing and Promoting Healthcare within Vulnerable Populations, Access
- Health Stark County, Inc.
- Home Care, Westark Family Services, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels Plus, YWCA of Alliance
- Mental Health Program Manager, Alliance Family Health Center, Inc.
- Mobile Grocery Market, StarkFresh
- Pantry Support Network, Stark County Hunger Task Force
- Post-Adoption, Pathway Caring for Children
- Seniors, Salvation Army Canton Citadel
- Sexual Violence Trauma Counseling, COMPASS, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels, VANTAGE Aging
- Transitional Age Youth Services, Coleman Health Services
- Alliance Emergency Residence, Alliance for Children and Families
- Alliance Family Services, YWCA of Alliance
- Canton Shelter, Domestic Violence Project, Inc.
- Central Intake and Assessment, Homeless Continuum of Care Stark Housing Network
- Direct Assistance Emergency Assistance Collaborative
- Emergency Assistance Overhead
- Catholic Charities Serving Portage & Stark Counties
- Financial Coaching & Counseling
- Salvation Army - Alliance Corps
- Salvation Army - Canton Citadel
- Salvation Army - Massillon Corps
- Emergency Shelter, Alliance Area Domestic Violence Shelter
- Emergency Shelter, YWCA of Canton
- Family Living Center, CommQuest Services, Inc.
- Housing Stability, Community Legal Aid Services
- Western Shelter, Domestic Violence Project, Inc.
- Child Care, YMCA of Central Stark County
- Social Service Support & Program Coordination, AHEAD Inc.
- Childhood Resiliency Program Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation, CommQuest Services, Inc.
- Early Childhood Learning Center, YWCA of Canton
- Early Education, JRC
- SPARK Alliance, Early Childhood Education Alliance
- SPARK, Early Childhood Resource Center
- SPARK Massillon, AHEAD Inc.
- Alliance Corporate Employment Services and Financial Literacy Independence Programs, Alliance for Children and Families
- CHW Mentoring and Youth Development Project, Access Health Stark County, Inc.
- Children’s Dyslexia Center, Children's Dyslexia Centers, Inc.
- F.A.M.E. (Focus on African American Males in Education), Stark State College Foundation
- Project Learn Middle School After School & Summer Enrichment Program, Boys and Girls Club of Massillon
- Synergy Alliance, YWCA of Alliance
- What If 101, TomTod Ideas