Stone Soup – Feb 19
February 19 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Stone Soup – Centennial Celebration
Saturday, February 19th: 9 AM – 11 AM
For 100 years, United Way has been serving the needs of the greater Stark County community. Our commitment during this time has not wavered, and as times have changed and needs have become even more complex, we have evolved in how we address community needs. One constant remains in how we serve our community – and that is you. Volunteers are the backbone of our work and we wouldn’t be here today without you. It’s only fitting that we kick off our Centennial Celebration with a beloved family-friendly event that embodies the United Way spirit of what we can accomplish when we work together.
Stone Soup, based on the children’s story, is a favorite volunteer activity for so many! This great family-friendly event brings together volunteers of all ages to assemble meals for those in need in our community. Join us, much like the villagers in the story, to come together to maximize impact in providing hot meals to our community and see how as a whole, we can make incredible things happen.
- We are looking for 100 volunteers to donate food ingredients and help us assemble meals for those in need in our community.
- Volunteers will be assigned to bring ingredients (ranging from $5-$7 per person) needed to complete larger recipes, assigned about 1 week before the event.
- We will then work in small groups to assemble casseroles, snack packs, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- All of the food will be donated to area shelters, youth groups or community centers to provide meals to those individuals, children, and families who need it most.
- This is a family-friendly event for children aged 4 and up.
- Two locations will be available on the day of the event to ensure safe distancing protocols. You may specify your preferred location at registration, but the assigned location is not guaranteed and is based on first-come, first-serve. If you would like to be placed at a location with others, please plan on signing up as one group to ensure you remain together.
- Please note: all participants, regardless of vaccination status, including children will be required to wear a mask, and practice safe distancing protocols to ensure a safe event for all.
Register below: Preferences not guaranteed, based on first come, first serve. Please sign up as one group to ensure you remain with your entire party