A program for increasing ethnic diversity in volunteer leadership
What is Project Blueprint?Project Blueprint is designed to identify, recruit, train and place diverse volunteer leaders into policy making roles to enhance the effectiveness of nonprofit agencies.
Volunteer leadership development:
- Designed to increase involvement of underrepresented groups on local nonprofit, public-sector boards and committees
- Develops emerging and current volunteer leaders in our multi-cultural community for leadership roles
The 10-week course provides training for interested and engaged members of the community to serve on nonprofit boards.
Training requires continuous learning, and a participant’s willingness explore the unfamiliar and an openness to new experiences.
The program consists of a series of training sessions and activities that introduce participants to the roles and responsibilities of a nonprofit board, while developing skills which help them become successful board and committee members.
Project Blueprint’s main goal is to ensure that local volunteer leadership on nonprofit boards is representative of the community, that industry experts of many perspectives become a greater voice in the community through training & placing of under- represented groups in positions of leadership on nonprofit boards.
Training benefits to employers
- Generates opportunities to sharpen leadership skills of employees
- Creates highly motivated and challenged employees who are prepared to go above and beyond their job responsibilities
- Improves corporate image in the community and demonstrates community involvement
- Investment in employee development
- Opportunity to showcase organization’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Networking opportunities among companies in the community
Attendees will be chosen by a committee. Please submit your information below for consideration.
- Economics/Power and Wealth
- Cultural Diversity
- Board Governance/Management
- Resource Development/Personal Brand/Marketing
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Management/Fiduciary Oversight
- Boardmanship/Agency Fair/Observation Reports
Project Blueprint August 2019 - January 2020
Class times are 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
- August 12 - Session 1: Orientation
- August 29 - Session 2: Agency Tour (Note time change in class - 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM)
- September 12 - Session 3: Economics, Power, Wealth
- September 26 - Session 4: Cultural Diversity
- October 10 - Session 5: Governance/Roberts Rules
- October 24 - Session 6: Resource Development/Personal Brand/Marketing
- November 7 - Session 7: Strategic Planning
- November 21 - Session 8: Financial Management/Fiduciary Oversight
- December 12 - Session 9: Boardmanship/Agency Fair/Observation Reports
- January 9 - Session 10: Graduation