Give 5: Volunteer Opportunities for Retirees
WHY VOLUNTEER THROUGH GIVE 5
what is give 5?
Give 5 is a no-cost civic-matchmaking program that connects retirees with meaningful volunteer opportunities that best fit their skill sets and passions. Participants learn about the most challenging problems facing our community and uncover ways they can help make a difference in addressing them.
The next class will take place in the Spring of 2024, 1 day a week for 3 weeks between 9 AM – 4:30 PM. Program dates include Wednesdays, April 10th, 17th and 24th. Graduation to follow 2 weeks after program ends on Wednesday, May 8th. Participants will be introduced and tour approximately 11 different non-profit agencies and celebrate their selections with a graduation event. Interested in participating in a future session? Submit your interest below.
how give 5 works
Class participants join us for three program days over three weeks. Program days last between 6 to 7 hours, with lunch and snacks included.
- Day 1 includes an orientation.
- Each day, participants board a bus to visit various nonprofit locations. Each class session is interactive, fun, and social.
- Visits to nonprofits allow participants to “see behind the curtain” to better understand the types of volunteer opportunities available.
- After the last regular program day, participants are encouraged to commit to a volunteer opportunity.
- A short “graduation” celebration wraps up the program.