Give 5: Volunteer Opportunities for Retirees
WHY VOLUNTEER THROUGH GIVE 5
what is give 5?
Give 5 is a no-cost civic-matchmaking program that connects retirees with meaningful volunteer opportunities that best fit their skill sets and passions. Participants learn about the most challenging problems facing our community and uncover ways they can help make a difference in addressing them.
The next class will take place in the Fall of 2023, 1 day a week for 3 weeks between 9 AM – 4:30 PM. Program dates are Wednesday, September 27, October 4 and October 11. Graduation to follow 2 weeks after program ends, date TBA. Participants will be introduced and tour approximately 11 different non-profit agencies and celebrate their selections with a graduation event. Interested in participating in a future session? Submit your interest below.
how give 5 works
Class participants join us for three program days over three weeks. Program days last between 6 to 7 hours, with lunch and snacks included.
- Day 1 includes an orientation.
- Each day, participants board a bus to visit various nonprofit locations. Each class session is interactive, fun, and social.
- Visits to nonprofits allow participants to “see behind the curtain” to better understand the types of volunteer opportunities available.
- After the last regular program day, participants are encouraged to commit to a volunteer opportunity.
- A short “graduation” celebration wraps up the program.
WHY FOCUS ON BABY BOOMERS?
Give 5 is a program of United Way of Greater Stark County and is funded by sponsoring organizations and private donors.
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Carrie Clemens at [email protected] or 330-491-9974.