Young Leaders Society
United Way Young Leaders Society (YLS) is a group of passionate young professionals who come together to educate, engage and inspire individuals across Greater Stark County. We harness our time and talents through mentorship, fundraising and volunteerism to activate education initiatives and build a better community.
COLLEGE & CAREER ADVICE
Share college & career advice with a local student!
Volunteer to participate in the Young Leaders Society Pen Pal Project as a way of sharing encouragement and inspiration to local high school seniors planning for their college career.
Become a Member
Prepare children to start school ready to learn and thrive
Support young people with high-quality, compassionate mentorship
Help students plan for success in a career or college
Upcoming Events › Young Leaders Society
Events Search and Views Navigation
Young Leaders Society Virtual College Planning Seminar Saturday November 7th, 1 – 2:30pm For high school students, planning for college is much more than filling out an application. It’s an exciting – and at times challenging – process. But with the right help, we can make it a little easier. United Way of Greater Stark County's Young Leaders Society is hosting a virtual College Planning Seminar for high school seniors and their families. Presented by Courtney Johnson-Benson, Senior Assistant Director…Find out more »
- Heather Baker, AultCare
- Aly Brine, Aly Brine Coaching
- Kathryn Cusma, Brown Local Schools
- Emily Gordon, Artful Living Program
- Courtney Johnson-Benson, The University of Akron
- Autaum Kendle, Community Volunteer
- Deanna Kidwell, Schauer Group, Inc.
- Ricky Lovell, Meyers Lake YMCA, Vice Chair
- Molly McDougal, The Karcher Group, Chair
- Alison Oyler, The Karcher Group
- Mandy Pelger, Canton City School District
- Brett Pinson, Employers Health
- Timothy Ruby, The Karcher Group, Chair
- Drew Tornow, Sirak Financial Services
- Matthew Widders, TimkenSteel Corporation