YLS TEXTBOOK SCHOLARSHIP
College textbooks are a necessary, but costly, expense that is not typically covered by academic scholarships. Our Young Leaders Society (YLS) helps ease that burden for high school students through its textbook scholarship fund. This scholarship is a $1,000 award, renewable for up to four years, created to offset the expense of books needed to further a student’s education after high school.
Application deadline is March 8, 2021.
Requirements for the applicant include:
- High school senior attending a Carroll or Stark County school district, first-generation college student – defined as a student pursuing a four-year college or university degree whose parent(s) or guardian(s) did not complete a four-year college or university degree
- Accumulated grade point average of 2.75 or better on a 4.00 scale (or equivalent by the demonstration of proficiency on all required state standards)
- Submit the required materials by the deadline of March 8, 2021
Past Scholarship Recipients
- Lauren Brown, Washington High School
- Jose Tovar, Jr., Marlington High School
- Ty White, Glen Oak High School
- Evahanna Cruz, Timken Early College High School
- Sage Hester, McKinley Senior High School
- Joseph Knopp, East Canton High School
- Jermaine Brack, Glen Oak High School
- Meleah Nelson, Timken Early College High School