CAREER AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
No phone calls. Please mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 8, 2019.
Purpose: Creates print and digital collateral materials as directed for United Way of Greater Stark County. Responsible for marketing event planning & implementation.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Directly reports to the department head
- Meets with department head to discuss & implement creation of collateral materials and electronic communications
- Adhere to collateral calendar timeline creation and delivery
- Take direction from department head to develop materials needed for traditional and non-traditional advertising
- Take direction from department head then develop, manage and execute all aspects of any assigned events: budget, contract negotiation, vendor management, site selection, speaker coordination, data base management/reports, catering, advertising (website, emails, press releases, social media, etc.), post event thank you and event debrief. Includes brand messaging integration into event script, invitations, posters, signage, etc.
- Develop materials with UWGSC messaging & branding
- Use independent judgment in making decisions related to United Way’s brand and design standards
- Communicate orally with a broad range of people in face-to-face and group settings
- Consistently adheres to inter-departmental, volunteer and constituent service standards
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports United Way Mission, Vision, Value Statements, Service Standards, Confidentiality Standards, and Policies and Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethic & pride in work quality
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong event planning experience
- Strong graphic design experience
- Experience in photography & videography
- Flexibility to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends related to special projects, meetings and events
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
No phone calls. EEO/M/F/D/V.
Deadline to submit Friday, February 8, 2019
Even if there are no open positions available, you are always welcome to send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
United Way of Greater Stark County
Attention: Human Resources
401 Market Ave North
Canton, OH 44702
Your information will be kept on file for one year after receipt.
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Stark County is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made on the basis of an individual employee’s qualifications, skill, ability, merit, potential, experience, and other factors which make each employee a valued asset of this organization. There will be no unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or above), disability, genetic information or veteran status in all employment practices, including hiring, firing, promotion, compensation, and other terms, privileges and conditions of employment. United Way will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local employment statutes, ordinances and regulations.
This Equal Employment Policy and Plan will be communicated to all relevant audiences. A copy of the Personnel Practices containing this policy will be given to each employee at the time of employment and will be discussed in the initial orientation of the employee.
All notices of job vacancies will include the words, “an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V” (minority/female/disabled/veteran). In addition, every effort will be made to notify all appropriate organizations, such as the Ohio Bureau of Employment Services, local social services agencies, colleges/universities/trade schools, sororities/fraternities, minority magazines, faith-based organizations, media, etc. of job vacancies.