CAREER AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Interested in a career where you can make a difference? United Way of Greater Stark County is looking for individuals like you to join our non-profit team. View open positions below or contact us with any questions.
Full-time Resource Connector
- Helps employees resolve non-work-related issues that prohibit them from getting to work or being productive at work, by connecting them with applicable community resources.
- Uses his or her extensive knowledge of these community resources to create awareness and to assist the employee in connecting to these services.
- Job requires interaction with workers, business partners and community organizations. This requires an elevated level of professionalism and integrity in all aspects of the job.
- Provide onsite support for employees of participating businesses
- Assist with coordination and implementation of onsite programs, services, and appointments
- Educate employers on triggers for Resource Connector referrals
- Assess employee needs and assist in identifying resource needs (remedial counseling)
- Identify and match services based on needs assessment
- Recommend and present options for services to employees
- Demonstrate working knowledge of supportive services and other resources
- Maintain up to date resources list for referral information
- Connect employees to services provided by public agencies or private practitioners within the community
Key Position Requirements
- Skills and Competencies
- Relationship Building and Management
- Listening Skills
- Good Judgment
- Problem Solving
- Strong Ethical Standards
- Interpersonal and Community Skills
- Education and Experience
- Preferred Case Manager experience, with a non-profit; or 1-2 years of experience in social work, volunteerism or related areas is preferred
Deadline to submit: March 10, 2021
No phone calls. Cover letter required. Submit resume and cover letter to: United Way of Greater Stark County, Attn: Nick Mackle, CFO, firstname.lastname@example.org
You are always welcome to send us a cover letter and résumé with salary requirements. Your information will be kept on file for one year. No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Stark County
Attention: Human Resources
401 Market Ave North
Canton, OH 44702
No phone calls. EEO/M/F/D/V.
Apply online below with a DOC or PDF file format.
United Way of Greater Stark County is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made on the basis of an individual employee’s qualifications, skill, ability, merit, potential, experience, and other factors which make each employee a valued asset of this organization. There will be no unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or above), disability, genetic information or veteran status in all employment practices, including hiring, firing, promotion, compensation, and other terms, privileges and conditions of employment. United Way will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local employment statutes, ordinances and regulations.
This Equal Employment Policy and Plan will be communicated to all relevant audiences. A copy of the Personnel Practices containing this policy will be given to each employee at the time of employment and will be discussed in the initial orientation of the employee.
All notices of job vacancies will include the words, “an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V” (minority/female/disabled/veteran). In addition, every effort will be made to notify all appropriate organizations, such as the Ohio Bureau of Employment Services, local social services agencies, colleges/universities/trade schools, sororities/fraternities, minority magazines, faith-based organizations, media, etc. of job vacancies.