CAREER AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Interested in a career where you can make a difference? United Way of Greater Stark County is looking for individuals like you to join our non-profit team. View open positions below or contact us with any questions.
United Way of Greater Stark County is seeking qualified individuals for the following position:
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Directs and oversees the administration of all financial systems including, but not limited to: 1) maintenance of all fiscal records, 2) budget preparation, 3) timely preparation of financial reports and supporting schedules, 4) working closely with the Treasurer to develop accounting plans and policies, and 5) ensuring regulatory compliance with federal and state agencies.
The CFO is also responsible for employee benefits administration and oversight, providing support to the Finance as well as to the United Way staff, and building relationships with donors, volunteers, agencies, banks, brokerage firms and other customers and vendors.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related business area, or equivalent experience. A CPA and/or MBA desirable.
- Five years of work experience in a finance position, preferably with supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated skills in A/P, A/R, taxes, financial management, data management, FASB regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Non-profit or high-volume consumer-based experience preferred.
- Ability to use latest technological concepts in the business and accounting and campaign fields including proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
You are always welcome to send us a cover letter and résumé with salary requirements. Your information will be kept on file for one year.
United Way of Greater Stark County, Attention: Human Resources, 401 Market Ave North, Suite 300, Canton, OH 44702
No phone calls. EEO/M/F/D/V.
United Way of Greater Stark County is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made on the basis of an individual employee’s qualifications, skill, ability, merit, potential, experience, and other factors which make each employee a valued asset of this organization. There will be no unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or above), disability, genetic information or veteran status in all employment practices, including hiring, firing, promotion, compensation, and other terms, privileges and conditions of employment. United Way will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local employment statutes, ordinances and regulations.
This Equal Employment Policy and Plan will be communicated to all relevant audiences. A copy of the Personnel Practices containing this policy will be given to each employee at the time of employment and will be discussed in the initial orientation of the employee.
All notices of job vacancies will include the words, “an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V” (minority/female/disabled/veteran). In addition, every effort will be made to notify all appropriate organizations, such as the Ohio Bureau of Employment Services, local social services agencies, colleges/universities/trade schools, sororities/fraternities, minority magazines, faith-based organizations, media, etc. of job vacancies.