Prescription help is available:
- Prescription Drug Assistance Network (PAN) of Stark County: 330-445-1087
- The goal of PAN is to aid individuals without financial resources and no prescription insurance
to have access to their medications.
- Program provides prescription drugs available at low cost to qualifying patients, purchases
immediate need medication, and helps qualifying patients complete and file paperwork for
submission to drug manufacturers to request such medication.
- People who have prescription drug coverage will not qualify for PAN.
- PAN does not have or distribute any controlled substances.
Free or low-cost health clinics:
- Canton Community Clinic: 330-454-2000. Provides primary care medical service to all residents
of Stark County, including uninsured and underinsured residents. Services include general
medical care, pediatrics, general dentistry, women’s health, behavioral health.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs-Canton Based Community Clinic: 330-489-4600. Provides
community based outpatient clinic services for veterans. Fees vary according to service.
Some services are free for qualifying veterans.
Prenatal care for pregnant women or newborns:
- Prenatal Clinic (Stark County Health Department) 330-493-9904
- This service is offered to pregnant women and includes physical exam, lab tests, education
and family support through social services throughout their pregnancy. Services are provided
by OB nurse practitioners and physicians on a weekly basis.
- Fees are based on a sliding scale according to income. Medical cards are accepted.
- Fees for persons not covered by Medicaid can be made in payments.
- Clinical services include WIC, immunizations, well child care, dental, prenatal and
women’s health services.
- Canton Community Clinic 330-454-2000
- Provides dental services based on a sliding fee scale according to income.
- A co-payment is required at time of service (including walk-ins).
- Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance and self pay accepted.
Mental Health Services:
- Mental Health and Recovery Services: 330-452-4363
- Provides a complete range of mental health and drug abuse treatment and prevention funding to
consumers, families and the general public of Stark County through 21 provider agencies.
Provides ombudsman services for the community at large. Provides advocacy for people
with mental illness and substance abuse issues.
Low-cost insurance information:
- Visit coverageforall.org » to search for Ohio-based low-cost insurance programs.