Young Leaders Society
United Way Young Leaders Society (YLS) is a group of passionate young professionals who come together to educate, engage and inspire individuals across Greater Stark County. We harness our time and talents through mentorship, fundraising and volunteerism to activate education initiatives and build a better community.
Worried about having money for textbooks?
YLS awards textbook scholarships up to $1,000, renewable for up to four years. The scholarship was created to help offset the expense of college textbooks needed to further a student’s education after high school.
Become a Member
Prepare children to start school ready to learn and thrive
Support young people with high-quality, compassionate mentorship
Help students plan for success in a career or college
Past Events › Young Leaders Society
Events Search and Views Navigation
Join us for the annual Young Leaders Society fundraising event!
Proceeds from this event fund a scholarship which YLS offers to first-generation college students in the area. Your ticket purchase will help support the academic success of local students.Find out more »
Mark it on your calendar! Young Leaders Society (YLS) will be at Martindale Park on Saturday, June 29th from 4-6pm for some good food (George's Sliders and Chips!), outdoor fun and mingling - all while doing some good for our community. We are collecting laundry detergent for our CARE Teams in Stark County schools. All you need to do is register ahead of time so we know how many people are coming (there is limited space!) then bring a container…Find out more »
Young Leaders Society and C.A.M.P. Stone Soup | Saturday, October 12 | 9am – 11am | ONE Center for Leadership, 901 Tuscarawas Street E, Canton, Ohio, 44707 Stone Soup, based on the children's story, is a favorite volunteer activity for so many! For this event, we are partnering with the students at C.A.M.P. as a mentoring opportunity to gather motivated high school students and young professionals to assemble meals for those in need in our community. Join us, much…Find out more »
- Aly Brine, Marathon Petroleum Company LP Ohio Refining Division
- Kathryn Cusma, Brown Local Schools
- Felicia Fullerton, Aultcare
- Derek Gordon, Stark County District Library
- Emily Gordon, Artful Living Program
- Courtney Johnson-Benson, The University of Akron
- Deanna Kidwell, Schauer Group, Inc.
- Molly McDougal, The Karcher Group, Chair
- Ryan McMichael, McMichael Chiropractic Health & Wellness
- Alison Oyler, The Karcher Group
- Drew Pegler, The Pelger Agency
- Mandy Pelger, Canton City School District
- Timothy Ruby, The Karcher Group, Vice Chair
- Drew Tornow, Sirak Financial Services
- Matthew Widders, TimkenSteel Corporation