Communities need champions who understand their problems, see their potential and offer solutions to make a difference. Women United is an essential part of United Way of Greater Stark County. We are a vibrant network, bound together by a powerful sense of belonging — to each other, to the organization’s mission and to the community we all call home.
Become a member
Join a powerful organization of women who contribute their personal passions, inspired ideas and unique strengths to create lasting change in our community.
Women who donate $1,000 or more annually to United Way of Greater Stark County are eligible for membership in Women United.
- Network and collaborate with key business leaders
- Volunteer alongside others who share your passion
- Attend member-exclusive events
- Learn more about key issues in your community
- Advocate for meaningful change at the state and local level
Women United (April 2020 - March 2021)
Women United engages women to help women in creating opportunities for supporting the emotional and intellectual growth of women and children with a focus on moving families out of poverty.
Family Friendly Workplace Awards
Established in 2017, Women United holds an annual Family Friendly Workplace Awards Event in October recognizing National Work and Family Month. The event combines a keynote speaker along with recognizing three local companies who have implemented family friendly workplace policies, such as paid family leave, flexible scheduling, education reimbursement and more.
Selection of the Family Friendly Workplace Awards are through applications submitted online by local employers. The three awards are based on company size: less than 50 employees, 5 to 499 employees, and over 500 employees.
Previous Keynote speakers have been Dayton’s Mayor, Nan Whaley on paid parental leave for employees of the City of Dayton and Keith Maki, Cascade Engineering on the implementation of Welfare to Career (W2C) program. Leading more than 800 people off of welfare to meaningful careers.
Our aDVocacy efforts
Your voice can make a difference in the lives of women in our community and beyond. Our membership raises awareness and advocates for change to workplace and public policies. We strive to find and promote long-term solutions to problems, rather than temporary band-aids.
- Nancy Bundy, Custom Event Solutions LLC
- Elsa V. Cave, Diebold Nixdorf
- Lisa Johnson, Aultman Health Foundation
- Laura Kessel, Alliance Review
- Wendy F. Lichtenwalter, Community Volunteer
- Amy Mast, Talent Results Consulting, Chair
- Amanda Ott, TimkenSteel Corporation
- Diane Pete, Community Volunteer
- Eileen E. Wile, Brookwood Management/Danbury Senior Living in North Canton