Bold Goals Initiative 2020
At United Way of Greater Stark County, we’re fighting to improve the quality of life in our community. By leading in the development of solutions to critical social issues in the areas of health, education and financial stability, we can make a lasting impact on our region.
In collaboration with community volunteers and stakeholders, we have identified six Bold Goals to achieve by 2020. To succeed, we need your help. Join us in LIVING UNITED, and together we can create bold change for our community.
“Bold goals are needed for bold change.”
We envision a community where all residents have access to programs and services that improve the overall health of Stark County.
- Increase the number of Stark County residents who report they are healthy
- Reduce infant mortality to meet or exceed the Healthy People 2020 Objective
- Reduce opiate substance abuse
We envision a community that supports and enables all students to reach age-appropriate milestones leading to graduation and careers.
- Make sustainable progress toward 100% of eligible students being kindergarten ready
- Make sustainable progress toward a 100% high school graduation rate
We envision a community where a cycle for financial success exists, allowing individuals and families access to build long-term, economic independence.
- Ensure that 70% of Stark County residents spend no more than 30% of their income on housing