United Way raised 95% of $6.8 million goal, community help is needed to hit 100% goal
The United Way Above & Beyond Challenge Grant
Thanks to the generous support of our caring community, United Way of Greater Stark County raised 95% of its $6.8 million goal. Those who have donated over the last three months realize the impact that United Way has on the Stark County community. We thank you for your donations.
Now we are asking individuals and community leaders, who are generous on so many levels throughout the year, including in this campaign, to rise to the occasion once again. We are still $370,000 short of our goal.
What does a $370,000 shortfall mean to our community?
- 1,888 children would be without help to address non-academic barriers in school
- 283 children would not receive access to kindergarten readiness programs which help to put them on track and ready to enter kindergarten on time
- 1,832 students would not have access to prevention and education for healthy relationships and choices
- 483 people would not have access to mental health counseling
- 896 people would not have access to prescription assistance
- 455 people who find themselves homeless would not have access to emergency shelter
- 1,164 children and families would not have a safe and stable place to stay free from domestic violence
We need your help. It doesn't take a cape and goggles or a special uniform to be a superhero. It takes caring people and businesses like you in Stark County. You have the power to help those with the greatest need in our community. And, the need has never been greater. So many people rely on United Way programming and services.
The Repository has issued a challenge, calling on the business community to help close the $370,000 gap. That's achievable if 74 corporations donate $5,000 each. We appreciate the four businesses who have already pledged this level of support: PPI Graphics, the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Huntington Bank and The Repository. Participating companies will be highlighted on the front page of The Repository in a United Way advertisement.
Will you join us? United Way funded programs and initiatives provide services that are important to everyone in our community. Programs that are already struggling due to numerous funding cuts from federal, state and other funding sources may further suffer from a loss or decrease in our support. Your donation will likely make the difference in whether the gap in allocations for United Way programming will be met.
During this season of giving, please take time to care for your neighbors. Give to the "United Way Above & Beyond Challenge" and make a donation today to invest in our community. Please complete the commitment form » and return it to United Way to make your pledge. Questions? Please call United Way at 330-491-0445, weekdays from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
As always, any amount you are able to give will make a tremendous difference in the lives of Stark County's residents. When you give a gift to United Way of Greater Stark County, you can be a superhero and create solutions. Give a powerful gift this holiday season. Give to United Way ».