Thank you for giving, advocating, and volunteering! Stark County is a better place to live and work because of your care.
National Volunteer Week, April 12-18, is a time to celebrate our friends, neighbors and colleagues who give of their time and talent to advance the common good.
United Way is focused on getting even more people to volunteer so together we can make significant strides in helping kids graduate on time and improve families’ financial stability and health for their lifetimes.
If you are already volunteering on a regular basis, thank you! Volunteers are the lifeblood of change in the U.S. and around the world.
And if you haven’t volunteered lately, National Volunteer Week is a great time to start. United Way of Greater Stark County offers plenty of opportunities for you to lending a helping hand in our community.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Visit our online Volunteer Resource Center » and see what opportunities are available for you to get involved.
- Volunteer for United Way’s Community Wide Outdoor Beautification Day » on May 15, 2015. On this date, we’re welcoming volunteers from your workplace to help in outdoor beautification projects across Stark County! After this winter who doesn’t want to get outdoors and get things ready for sunshine and warm weather.
- Sign up your workplace » to help collect books for United Way’s Children’s Summer Reading Book Drive. Donations are accepted through April 17.
- Take the pledge » to become a volunteer reader, tutor or mentor.
- Participate in United Way’s first-ever Community Choral Read » scheduled for June 19. More details to come!