Ten Ways to Leave a Legacy®
The mission of LEAVE A LEGACY® Stark County is to educate and inspire people from all walks of life to make gifts to their favorite charities through their wills.
Many people volunteer regularly and give financially to the charitable or non-profit organizations of their choice... but when they're gone, their support is greatly missed.
By leaving a legacy of any size through a gift in your will, or a gift from your estate, you can continue to help organizations that are making an important difference in the quality of life in Stark County.
- Prepare a will. At least 50% of Americans die without a will. Without one, you lose control of the assets you worked a lifetime to aquire.
- Leave gifts in your will for the charitable organizations that have made a difference in your life. Fewer than 10% of households in the United States actually make a charitable bequest. Imagine the positive impact in your community if everyone made even a modestnation to a favorite non-profit organization.
- Leave a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate to your favorite charities. The provision can be part of a new will or added to your existing will.
- "Endow' your annual gift to your favorite charity by making a bequest equal to 20 times that amount.
- Name your favorite charity as the beneficiary of your IRA or pension plan.
- Name your favorite charity as the beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy.
- Make a gift of a new or existing life insurance policy to your favorite charity.
- Remember deceased loved ones with memorial gifts to charities.
- Encourage family members and friends to leave gifts to charities in their wills.
- Ask your financial advisor to include charitable giving as part of her or her counsel to other clients.