Your time spent volunteering can yield big returns! Learn more at the VITA Volunteer Orientation sessions.
For more information, contact Tami Stephens, VITA Coordinator at 330-491-9989 or firstname.lastname@example.org.. Or, complete the ONLINE FORM to get the process started!
How can you make a difference? Simple. Help the community in preparing taxes free of charge by becoming a volunteer with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Complete the ONLINE FORM to get the process started!
United Way of Greater Stark County is gearing up to provide free, basic income tax preparation services to community members with low to moderate incomes. Trained volunteer preparers explain credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and help individuals complete and electronically file their tax returns, all for FREE. Refunds can be deposited directly into a bank account within 7-10 days.
By volunteering, you can help boost a family’s yearly income by up to 35% and have a direct impact on the lives of working families and the community in which we live.
No experience is necessary. All volunteers will receive training appropriate for their position. Volunteers receive the materials for self-study on basic income tax law for federal and state returns. In addition, several specific training sessions will take place beginning in November through late January prior to the kickoff of tax season. Volunteers are covered under the Volunteer Protection Act and are not accountable for tax returns filed to the IRS.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A VOLUNTEER:
• Basic computer proficiency needed
• Willingness to work with diverse populations
• Ability to be flexible while on site, accepting that some days will be busier than others and being willing to assist in other areas as directed by the Site Coordinator
• Pride in performing tasks completely and accurately
• Ability to successfully complete IRS tax law and e-file training and certification program (Tax Preparers Only)
• November 11, 2017 from 9-11AM at United Way of Greater Stark County, 401 Market Avenue North, Suite 300, Canton, Ohio, 44702
Thank you to all of our sponsors, without you none of this is possible!
VITA PARTNER SPONSORS: UNITED WAY OF GREATER STARK COUNTY, CARROLL COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY, STARK COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (MAIN CANTON, EAST CANTON DISTRICT AND SANDY VALLEY DISTRICT ), RODMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY, STARK STATE COLLEGE, WALSH UNIVERSITY, OHIOMEANSJOBS, MASSILLON RECREATION CENTER AND MASSILLON SALVATION ARMY.
VITA PROGRAM SPONSORS: IRS, OHIO ASSOCIATION OF FOODBANKS, PNC AND THE DEUBLE FOUNDATION
VITA PROGRAM SUPPORTED IN-PART: DEMARIO'S PIZZA AND MICHAEL D'S