The C.A.R.E. Team Initiative is a collaborative between Stark County Family Court, Stark County Job & Family Services, Stark Education Partnership, Stark County Family Council, Stark County Educational Service Center, Stark County Mental Health &Addiction Recovery, Stark County Board of Developmental Disabilities and United Way of Greater Stark County. The team is comprised of teachers, administrators and staff from multiple community agencies, including law enforcement, mental health, and other social services.
The team works together in a school-based environment to address challenges facing the at-risk student population. School performance is affected by many issues, among them physical health, substance abuse, physical abuse, housing, nutrition, and poverty. The non-academic barriers facing students and their families are identified and the team serves as a liaison between students and community resources. The best way to affect change is through on-site collaboration between human service organizations that address these issues. This helps break down the barriers that interfere with student progression and students begin to successfully learn in school, increasing their potential through education. CARE Team’s goal is to address the quality of life of children in Stark County, Ohio, by addressing the tough issues of physical health and well-being, substance abuse, physical abuse and poverty. The program’s main goal is to help at-risk children stay in school and become self-sufficient and productive in the work force. The program is school/community-focused, holistic, year-round, and consequence-based. The program provides prevention, intervention and asset building tailored to the needs of the individual.
The team identifies the gaps in the student’s basic needs development and addresses those needs areas so that the child will be able to achieve the higher levels of the needs pyramid. The team also identifies strengths and assets that will promote growth and improvement. The program provides students and families with prevention, intervention, and asset building support tailored to the needs of each individual child. These services, offered within the school setting, are easily accessible for the families and are part of the student’s daily routine.
- ALLIANCE CITY SCHOOLS: Alliance Middle School
- CANTON CITY SCHOOLS: All schools in the Canton City District
- CANTON LOCAL SCHOOLS: Faircrest Middle School, Canton South High School
- FAIRLESS LOCAL SCHOOLS: Fairless Middle School, Fairless High School
- JACKSON LOCAL SCHOOLS:
- LAKE LOCAL SCHOOLS:
- LOUISVILLE CITY SCHOOLS: Louisville Middle School
- MARLINGTON LOCAL SCHOOLS: Lexington Elementary School, Marlboro Elementary School, Marlington Middle School
- MASSILLON CITY SCHOOLS: Franklin Elementary School, Massillon Middle School
- MINERVA LOCAL SCHOOLS:
- NORTH CANTON CITY SCHOOLS:
- NORTHWEST LOCAL SCHOOLS:
- OSNABURG LOCAL: East Canton Elementary, East Canton Middle School, East Canton High School
- PERRY LOCAL SCHOOLS: Genoa Elementary
- PLAIN LOCAL SCHOOLS: Avondale Elementary, Barr Elementary, Frazer Elementary, Taft Elementary, Warstler Elementary, Glenwood Middle School
- R.G. DRAGE CAREER TECHNICAL CENTER:
- SANDY VALLEY LOCAL: Sandy Valley Elementary, Sandy Valley Middle School
- TUSLAW LOCAL SCOOLS:
- BROWN LOCAL SCHOOLS:
- CARROLLTON EXEMPTED VILLAGE
Browse the CARE Team website » for more information.